It’s a mobile world, and your Macbook goes just about anywhere. Sometimes, you just leave it on the desk at your workplace, or at home. Sometimes, you leave it on. Sometimes you don’t. There is always some chance that your attention isn’t on your portable. Theft could easily occur.
iSight Expert isn’t a countermeasure for theft. It’s a range of tools anyone can use to their advantage. Many Macs come with a built-in iSight, but lack tools to use it in a more unorthodox way.
Want to use your iMac as a motion alarm?
- Want to keep a timelapse of how you look?
- Do you want to know where your employees are?
- Do you want a picture taken at a failed login?
iSight Expert can not only do all those things, but also export a customized application for you that you can install on any iSight-equipped Mac, and will function as you have defined it;
* Send Emails with it’s Geographic location and images.
* Securely upload recent images and data to a web server
* Make a movie of a month’s or week’s images
* Take images at startup, login, logout, wakeup, failed passwords, or motion.
* Act on a change of images or a face in the camera (e.g. run a script, play a song)
And there is much more. iSight Expert can organise the sent images of all your equipped Macs, put them online automatically for you, or print them. In it’s slick interface, you can see at what date, and at what location the image was taken. It’s Growl enabled, meaning you can get nifty little dialogues when you get a new image.
A beta-test is opening soon. Leave a comment, or email me to enter consideration. edit; I have had a lot of replies. I still need beta testers who have access to, and are able to test, a different application on OS X server. If you have both, be sure to email.